Jan 2021 – Present : Changing Social – SharePoint & Power Platform SME
- Digital Champions as a Service (DCaS): This solution was designed and built to improve the users adoption of Office365 and create a community of Champions within the organizations. My role was the Architecture and Development of the whole solution, from end to end, in which I used different technologies from Office365 for different purposes. DCaS was built on top of:
- SharePoint (Team Site, Communication Site, and Microsoft Learning Pathways),
- PowerApps (Canvas Apps, and model driven Apps using SharePoint as back-end data storage, & Portal Apps with Data verse as a repository).
- Power Automate: for all the data validation, automation, posting of adaptive cards in Teams channels, notifications …etc.
- FAQ+ bot and Virtual Agents: using Azure Cognitive Service, Search Services, Web App Bot, QnA maker, to create an FAQ+ bot which answers +300 questions related to Office365 and Teams, the bot was distributed part of a Teams App.
- Teams Custom App: Developed using the Teams App Studio, this app manifest contains tabs to different parts of the system and is used as an entry point to the DCaS Solution. Published to the App Catalogue, this app is available to the wider community of users, can be pinned to Teams left rail.
- Teams Integrated approval process: To approve company procedures, processes and risk assessments documents, the solution posted adaptive cards in the approvers channels for each file to review and validate. The whole process was built around Teams using SharePoint, Power Automate and Adaptive cards.
- Customer Satisfactions Survey: For one of CS clients, I built an end-to-end satisfaction survey process around SharePoint, PowerApps, Power Automate & Power Bi.
- Surveys can be requested by the field guys on completion of a certain service, for these guys, I built a canvas app (mobile layout) to trigger the survey and check the status of the requested surveys. This app creates an item in a SharePoint list, which will trigger a power automate, this last sends an email to the client, inviting him/her to complete a survey.
- The clients will receive a generic email containing a link to the portal, which itself was built in PowerApps Portal with Common Data Services as a temporary data repository.
- On completion of the survey, another flow will trigger and moves the data from CDS to SharePoint and deletes the responses from CDS.
- Another app was built for the internal team to review of the responses, this app was built as a Canvas App, and it consumes data from SharePoint lists.
- Finally, a Power Bi Report was designed to render all the responses and provides the management and stakeholder an overview of their customers satisfaction.
- Microsoft Learning Pathways: For different clients (Estee Lauder, DMG, KDP, Burberry), I undertook a full customization of the look and feel (from the SharePoint color palette, to the pages design), plus the addition of external content from packages and support.microsoft.com articles.
- PowerShell Scripting: Sites deployments, color palettes, and packaging of custom MLP playlists. These scripts were used to automate the deployment of customized SharePoint content.
- Graph Api and SPFx: Using SPFx, I built custom SharePoint webparts, to integrate with Graph API and consume user details from Office365.
SharePoint & Power Platform users training: (internally and for the RGU IT Team – Robert Gordon University)
June 2020 – Dec 2020 : Rail Delivery Group – SharePoint & Power Platform Developer
- Design and build of a large scale Power App for the contacts management, where I conducted full SDLC from discovery phase (Requirements gathering, planning, analysis of constraints, to the development and deployment).
- Integration of the different Power Automate flows to implement any business logics
- Branding of the SharePoint desktop version.
- Creating and managing custom distribution lists in AD using Logic Apps.
- Different PowerApps controls and integrations with flow ensure the data quality.
- Power Bi report built on top of the data stored in SharePoint to report on the contacts interactions and provide the stakeholder with a simple, easy to use dashboard allowing analytics drill through.
- Multiple Power Automate flows triggered by different events to conducts approvals, notifications, data normalization …etc,
- PnP Provisioning and PowerShell Scripting.
Dec 2019 – June 2020: Holchem Laboratories – Senior SharePoint & .Net Consultant
- New Branding for the SharePoint online’s Intranet using Bootstrap, JQuerty and SP.JS
- Business Applications development with Power Apps and MS Flow (Incident reporting, risk assessment …etc.).
- Development of a custom interface between azure and SharePoint the for public facing web app (asp.net), to retrieve and store data back to/from SharePoint Online and SharePoint OnPrem, using Azure Functions.
- New modules (TimeLine, Tasks management) developed for the Incident Management System that I developed earlier (using C#, ASP.Net, SQL Server and Entity Framework)
- Client-Side scripting (CSS, jQuery, SP.JS)
- Custom SharePoint Online solutions developed using SPFx (with Angular).
- PnP Provisioning and PowerShell Scripting.
Sept 2019 – Dec 2019: Rolls Royce – SharePoint Lead
- SharePoint Migration technical lead (Pre-migration assessment, PowerShell scripting and audit of the OnPrem environment).
- New document management infrastructure using a combination of on prem and cloud-based technologies.
- Design and develop the new Customer Feedback System (CRM 3.0) as an upgrade of the existing system.
- Ensure and facilitate the integration PowerBI -SharePoint.
- Develop a new landing page (intranet), with a more personalized and dynamic content.
- Design and develop ProjeX, a complete project management solution in SharePoint.
- Development of various of business workflows using SharePoint Workflows, MS Flow and integrated with either Bootstrap or PowerApps.
- Client side scripting (Javascrip, SP.JS, node.js) for the different UI requirements
Oct 2018 – Oct 2019: Holchem Laboratories – SharePoint & .Net Developer
• Intranet UI/UX Design and branding using BootStrap, HTML 5, CSS and SP.JS.
• Custom UI (Webby style) for advanced intranet interfaces.
• Mobile intranet enforced by the use of Bootstrap.
• Design of the information architecture, structure of the intranet based on the organization hierarchy.
• Modern SharePoint UI/UX formatting.
• Lead on the design, development and management of SharePoint 365 environment and associated technologies.
• SharePoint Information Architecture.
• Migration of legacy files from On Prem / local network drives into SharePoint Online.
• Identification and development of business processes.
• ETL and data integration from/to SharePoint using SQL Server, Layer 2, SharePoint CSOM and C#.Net.
• Use of SharePoint Workflows and Ms Flow for workflows implementations (ISO Documents Validations).
• Business Applications development with Power Apps and MS Flow.
• Custom Incident Management and Time Recording web applications development with ASP.Net Web form, C#, BootStrap, JS, Ajax and SQL Server in the backend (Entity Framework 6 with model first).
Apr 2018 – Oct 2018: Rolls Royce – Lead SharePoint Developer
- Intranet design and development using CSS3, HTML5, BootStrap and JQuery.
- Build custom SharePoint solutions for SharePoint 2013 on Prem and SharePoint 2016 online.
- Workflow design and development.
- Business processes development with MS Flow and Power APPS.
- Data migration (On-Prem -> On-Prem & On-Prem -> Online).
- InfoPath forms design and development.
- Word Automation (Word documents generation) from SharePoint.
- Net to SharePoint data submission.
- Audit and Farm enhancements.
- Data Quality assurance.
- User trainings and support.
- Enabling PowerBI report design using SharePoint data.
- Custom development for the mobile users (responsivity enabled using BootStrap).
- Flow & Power Apps integration.
Nov 2017 – Apr 2018: Kumoco – IHS Towers (SharePoint Architect / Lead Developer)
- SharePoint & Office365 / Structure and services.
- SharePoint Security.
- Business Processes design and development using Microsoft Flow and Microsoft Power Apps.
- Information architecture / Governance.
- Integration of DocuSign with SharePoint and Office 365.
- Custom branding and portals’ design (CSS, HTML5, JQuery & JS).
- SharePoint Framework SPFx development.
- Client-side Scripting (CSOM with SP.JS).
Jan 2015 – Oct 2017: University of Manchester (Senior SharePoint & .Net Developer)
- SharePoint 2010, 2013 & 2016 (Office 365)
- Development of custom solutions with SharePoint 2010.
- Office 365 Migration audit and preparation of the platform.
- Office 365 Configuration and data migration.
- XML & XSLT styling for SharePoint.
- Nintex Workflows.
- Web Parts, event receivers, lists definitions…etc.
- C# Code mentoring, analysis and review for other colleagues.
- PowerShell scripting.
- Integration with other systems using Task Factory.
- SSIS Data migration from and to SharePoint.
- InfoPath and Nintex Forms integration with SharePoint.
- C# WinForms for custom tools development.
- net Web Forms for custom web solution.
- Web Services development with ASP.net and C#.
- Data Migration from Livelink to SharePoint using (C#, SQL Server, Oracle and SSIS).
Oct 2012- Dec 2014: University of Aberdeen (SharePoint & C#.Net Developer)
- Development of custom solutions (Help desk, absence tracking, training request …etc.)
- Migration from SharePoint 2007 to 2013 (Cloud Based)
- SharePoint content management (Versioning, Access control, Reports…etc.)
- Workflows, Web parts & Features development with SharePoint Designer & Visual Studio 2010
- InfoPath integration for SharePoint.
- C#.Net (3.5 and 4.0) custom applications development (Windows & Web based).
2010 – Oct 2012: British Petroleum – Statoil (SharePoint & SQL Server Developer)
- Design of farm topologies, installation and configuration of SharePoint environments.
- SharePoint Farm administration (Servers, Services, Features…etc.).
- Workflows, Web parts & Features development with SharePoint Designer & Visual Studio 2010
- Administration the SQL Databases (backup, restore, security audit, log tracing …etc.)
- Developing of SSIS packages for ETL and data gathering from different DBMS.
- Developing data reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developing custom software solutions using C# for internal needs
2007 – Present: LogiSam (Founder and Lead Developer)
Software solutions for different companies using .net technologies, C# was the main programming language used to develop primarily desktop and Web Applications interacting with different DBMS, in addition to consulting and architecture work around the different Microsoft technologies (SharePoint, SQL Server, Office 365 ..etc).
For more details, please visit https://www.logisam.com
2012 – 2014: University of Liverpool
Post Graduation Diploma in Software Engineering
2004 – 2009: National Institute of computer sciences (INI)
Engineer degree in Computer Information systems with Honors.
2004: Undergraduate institution
Bachelor Degree with Honors.
– Microsoft office Project 2007, Managing Projects
– MOC 5060A : Implementing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
– MOC 5061A :Implementing Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
– Technical Fundamentals of Documentum (Documentum 6.5)
– System Administration of Documentum (Documentum 6.5)
– MOC 2778A: Writing Queries Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Transact-SQL
– MOC 10174A: Configuring and Administering Microsoft SharePoint 2010
– MOC10231A: Designing a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Infrastructure
– MOC 6231A: Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database
– MOC 6236A: Implementing and Maintaining MS SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
– MOC 6235A: Implementing and Maintaining MS SQL Server 2008 Integration Services
– MVA : Introduction to Windows Azure
– MVA: Microsoft Licensing Fundamentals
– C# programming language with .Net 4.0
– SQL Server 2012 Database Administration
– 10175A: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application Development
– 10264A: Developing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
– 10263A: Developing Windows Communication Foundation Solutions with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
– M80294: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, Cusomization and Configuration
– SharePoint European Conference, Stockholm
– MVA : Developing SharePoint Server Core Solutions Jump Start
– MVA : Deploying & Managing SharePoint 2013 with PowerShell
– TOGAF Overview for Business/IT Professionnals
– MVA : Introduction to ASP.NET Core (formerly ASP.NET 5)
– MVA : Developing SharePoint Server Advanced Solutions Jump Start
– BCS Enterprise and Solution Architecture
– Microsoft Tech Summit (Birmingham)
– European Collaboration Summit (Frankfurt)
– Future Decoded (London)
– IP Expo DeveloperX (London)
– European SharePoint, Office 365 & Azure Conference (Copenhagen)
– MCSA: Web Applications
– MCTS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.
– MCTS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft ASP.NET Framework 4.
– MCS: Programming in C# Specialist.
– MCTS: SharePoint 2010 Configuration
– MCTS: SharePoint 2010 Application development
– MCSE: Managing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016
– MCSA: Microsoft Office 365 Solution Associate.
– MCSE: Productivity
– MCITP: SQL Server 2008 Database Administrator
– MCTS: SQL Server 2008, BI Development and Maintenance
– MCSA: SQL Server 2008
Check online: https://mcp.microsoft.com/authenticate/validatemcp.aspx
(Transcript ID (992954) and the Access Code (12345abc))
Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2008R2 & 2012
– SQL Server administration
– SQL Server Integration and Reporting Services.
– TSQL language (stored procedures, triggers …etc.)
– High availability, log shipping and mirroring
Microsoft SharePoint On Prem & Online
– SharePoint farms installation and configuration.
– SharePoint services and features configuration
– Custom Webparts, Workflows, features development
– Infopath integration with SharePoint
– SharePoint audit and log analysis
– Microsoft PowerShell
– SharePoint object model
– Development and integration of Dashboards (KPIs and Excel services)
– SharePoint Migration
– SharePoint 2013 local and cloud configuration
Visual Studio and .Net technologies
– Visual Studio 2008, 2010 & 2012
– .Net Framework 2.0/3.0/3.5/4.0
– ASP.net (Web forms and MVC) development
– C# specialist (Desktop and Web applications)
– WCF and service oriented architecture (Web & REST services, SOAP, XML and XST)
– Entity Framework 4.0 & ADO.Net