When I was trying to initiate workflow from MOSS2007 to a list, an error page: The data source control failed to execute the insert command is appearing. This was upsetting me, since previously there was nothing wrong with my workflow. Then I asked uncle Google to get answer of my problem.
So, all you need to do are:
- Go to Settings > List Settings (web)
- Under Permission and Management, select Workflow Settings
- You will find your workflow name there, and then click on Remove a workflow
- Mark all instances to Remove (don’t worry, your workflow itself, will not be deleted. It is just detached from list)
- Use MOSS Designer, open that workflow, and save again. This will re-attach with your list
- Now, try again to initiate workflow. It should be working