The Architecture Vision (Phase A)
As the initial phase of the ADM, the Architecture Vision Phase includes information about defining the scope, identifying the stakeholders, creating the Architecture Vision, and obtaining approvals.
The inputs of this phase are:
- Architecture reference materials.
- Request for Architecture Work.
- Business principles, business goals, and business drivers.
- Organizational Model for Enterprise Architecture.
- Tailored Architecture Framework.
- Populated Architecture Repository.
The steps included in this phase are:
- Establish Architecture Project.
- Identify stakeholders, concerns, and business requirements.
- Confirm business goals, drivers, and constraints.
- Evaluate capabilities (this has been updated in TOGAF 9.2)
- Assess readiness for transformation.
- Define the scope.
At the end of this phase, the following outputs are generated:
- Approved statement of Architecture Work.
- Refined statements of business principles, goals, and drivers.
- Architecture principles.
- Capability assessment.
- Tailored architecture framework.
- Architecture vision.
- Draft architecture definition document (v 0.1 of all baseline and target BDAT documents).
- Communication plan.
- Additional content in the Architecture Repository.