Migration planning (Phase F)
In this phase, we start looking at how to migrate from the current baseline architecture to the desired target architecture.
The inputs of this phase are:
- External reference materials.
- Request for Architecture Work (optional) (Prelim Phase).
- Capability assessment (Phase A).
- Communication plan (Phase A).
- Organization Model for Enterprise Architecture (Prelim Phase).
- Governance Models and Frameworks.
- Tailored Architecture Framework (Prelim Phase).
- Approved Statement of Architecture Work (Phase A).
- Architecture vision (Phase A).
- Architecture Repository.
- Draft architecture documents and draft requirements (BDAT).
- Change requests for existing business programs and projects.
- Architecture roadmap, version 0.1 (Phase E).
- Capability assessment.
- Implementation and migration plan, version 0.1 (Phase E).
The steps included in this phase are:
- Confirm management framework interactions.
- Assign a business value to each work package.
- Estimate resource requirements, project timings, etc.
- Prioritize the migration projects.
- Confirm the architecture roadmap and update the architecture definition document.
- Generate implementation and migration plan.
- Complete the architecture development cycle, lessons learned.
At the end of this phase, the following outputs are generated:
- Implementation and Migration Plan, version 1.0.
- Finalized architecture definition document.
- Finalized architecture requirements.
- Finalized architecture roadmap.
- Reusable Architecture Building Blocks (ABBs).
- Request for Architecture Work for the next ADM cycle (if any).
- Implementation of the governance model.
- Change requests for architecture capability from lessons learned.