The preliminary Phase
As the first phase of the ADM which consists of 10 steps, the preliminary phase aims at preparing the road for the other steps, it has a set of inputs, steps and generates a number of outputs and artifacts.
This section defines the inputs to the Preliminary Phase.
- The TOGAF Library.
- Other architecture frameworks.
- Board strategies and board business pans, business strategy, IT strategy, business principles, business goals, and business drivers.
- Major frameworks operating in the business (e.g. SCRUM).
- Governance and legal frameworks including Architecture Governance strategy.
- Architecture capabilities.
- Partnership and contract agreements.
- Existing documents related to architecture capability.
- The organizational model for Enterprise Architecture.
- Existing architecture framework (if any).
The steps included in this phase are:
- Scope of the enterprise organizations impacted.
- Confirm the governance and support frameworks.
- Define and establish the architecture team.
- Identify and establish architectural principles
- Tailor TOGAF and other frameworks.
- Implement architecture tools.
At the end of this phase, the following outputs are generated:
- Organizational Model for Enterprise Architecture.
- Tailored Architecture Framework.
- Initial Architecture Repository.
- Business principles, business goals, and business drivers.
- Request for Architecture Work (optional).
- Architecture Governance Framework.