LogiSam Solutions (DZ)
C#, ASP.net, SQL Server, Entity FrameWork, BootStrap, JQuery, Web APIs.
In this blog post, I will describe a document management system I am building which is simple, easy to use, quick and very straightforward.
My Goal is to have a customised document management system for customers who cannot afford to use a big beast like SharePoint, or simply look for a simple and secure way of managing their documents.
The XGED provide different functionalities to help you with your day to day document management system such as :
- Managing files by Areas and Folders
- Watch actions (to be notified of any changes)
- Drag and drop files
- Files extensions
- Security at the area, folder or file level
- Version control (with a lovely interface :), nothing like SharePoint hhhh)
- Quick Search (Instant results).
- ActiveDirectory Authentication
- Log of actions.
- Online file editor
- And a lot more …
Versions (as a timeline)
Permissions (inheritance or unique just as SharePoint 😉 ), plus a file preview.
Search with autocomplete, and file watch actions.
File search (with inline intelligent search)
The technologies used for this project are:
- ASP.net with C#
- SQL Server for the backend, I use SQL Server to save only the metadata, no file will be saved as Blob in the DB, as I have had some nightmares with SharePoint blob storage.
- Jquery for RIA.